Consider choosing one of the books Christian Women Connection has listed under Book Nook from our website to discuss this month of March.
As we think about our 2019 Christ Birthday Observance theme "Good News! God Is with Us!,” I am especially interested in reading Melissa Pratt’s book Impact That’ll Leave a Mark.
How do you want your life to influence others? Who will follow Jesus because they want more of what they see in you? As believers, our lives should be so impacted by the Gospel that we are convincing evidence that Christ is real and that His presence is transformative. This book is an invitation to think about the personal impact you could make on those around you. Read it with an open heart and ask the Holy Spirit to empower you to be a world-changer for Christ.
You may even be inspired to begin a Christian book club. If so, below are some helpful suggestions.
Book Club Checklist:
- Decide on the tone and theme of the club.
- Spread the word.
- Figure out the best time for everyone to meet.
- Pick a convenient location.
- Go over the ground rules via e-mail.
- Finalize how books and moderators will be chosen.
- Consider starting a blog or an online forum to keep track of the club.
Enjoy; build relationships; invite newcomers to join your groups.